Shale Testing Solutions is a radiological testing service providing TENORM measurements and certifications of soil, liquid and mud extracted from shale oil drilling sites. Our technology provides superior quality radioactive detections using a variety of methods to quantify radionuclide content. Our services are both environmentally safe and meet federal guidelines. Using a our patent-pending process, we provide accurate screening in record speed using:
- Radionuclide identification
- On-site NORM references
- Gamma-ray spectroscopy
- Temperature stabilization
Our laboratories and patented radioactive isotope detection technology are licensed by the State of Ohio Bureau of Radiation Protection. Our unique process provides effective and accurate Direct Read NORM and TENORM test results. Read our licenses here:
- Ohio Department of Health - License for Radioactive Material
- Ohio Bureau of Radiation Protection - SOP-STS-106 R1.1 Approval
- Ohio EPA, DNR and DPH Testing Guidance
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection - Certification of Accreditation
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection - Laboratory Scope of Accreditation
- North Dakota Department of Health - Radioactive Material License
- Analysis Request - Chain of Custody
Shale Testing Solutions strives to optimize our client's time and money. With our patent-pending technology, we've streamlined the process of radium detection. Results that used to take up to 7 to 10 days can now be accurately measured within 24 hours.
With our patent-pending technology, we've streamlined the process of radium detection.
Our expertise uniquely qualifies our personnel to meet a wide range of characterization and regulatory requirements. With more than 30 years of industry specific experience, STS staff are experienced in radium testing that satisfies federal guidelines, waste acceptance criteria, data quality objectives and meeting site specific operating and waste handling procedures and controls.
With more than 30 years of industry specific experience, STS staff are experienced in field testing satisfying federal standards.